- The information provided on our website is provided for informational and educational purposes only.
- Information provided on this site is not designed or intended to constitute medical advice or to be used for diagnosis. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be solely relied upon for any decision making. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk. We do not guarantee or warrant the quality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, appropriateness, or suitability of the information provided. You must obtain more specific or professional advice before taking, or refraining from, any action or inaction on the basis of the content on our site.
- This website contains links to other websites that are independently operated. We do not recommend or endorse any of the products or services on linked websites, and expressly disclaim any liability associated with such sites and/or their products or services. Links are provided for convenience and information only, and we assume no responsibility for their content or their privacy practices, nor is liability assumed for incompatibility, non-suitability, viral infection, worms, Trojan horses, or other destructive/disruptive components on or from such sites.
- Reference to or mention of specific products, processes or services does not mean that we recommend or endorse them.
- When leaving our website you may be subject to the legal terms and conditions and privacy policies of other websites. Please carefully review the third party’s policies and practices and make sure that you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns or questions regarding third-party websites and products should be directed to the third party.
- All statements and/or opinions expressed in any third-party content are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. We have no responsibility or liability whatsoever to you, or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any such third-party materials.
- You understand and agree that the website and its entire contents, features, and functionality, including, but not limited to, all information, software, code, data text, displays, graphics, photographs, images, video, audio, music, broadcast, design, presentation, website layout, selection, and arrangement, are owned by the Division, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected in all forms by intellectual property laws including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and any other proprietary rights. Unauthorized copying, reproduction, republishing, uploading, downloading, posting, transmitting or duplicating any of the material found on this website is prohibited. © 2023. University of Ottawa Division of Palliative Care. All Rights Reserved.
- You may only use this website for your personal and non-commercial use.
- You understand and agree that your use of the website, its content, and any services or items found or attained through the website is at your own risk. The website, its content, and any services or items found or attained through the website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. The foregoing does not affect any warranties that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Except where such exclusions are prohibited by law, under no circumstance will the Division nor its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, licensees, suppliers, or successors (the “Division Group” ) be liable for negligence, gross negligence, negligent misrepresentation, fundamental breach, damages or losses of any kind, under any legal theory, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, including, but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort, breach of contract, breach of privacy, or otherwise, even if the party was allegedly advised or had reason to know, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, or reliance on, the website, any linked websites or such other third-party websites, nor any website content, materials, posting, or information thereon.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Division Group from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or relating to: (i) your breach of these terms and conditions; (ii) your use of the website; (iii) your access of third party materials provided on the website; and (iv) any use of the website's content, services, and products through the website.
- The owner of the website is based in Ontario in Canada. We provide this website for use only by persons located in Canada. This Website is not intended for use in any jurisdiction where its use is not permitted. If you access the website from outside Canada, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws of your jurisdiction. You confirm and agree that any use of this website by you must be in accordance with all applicable federal, provincial, local, and international laws, regulations.
- Any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this website will be instituted in the courts of the Province of Ontario Canada in Ottawa, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such action or proceeding. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to the venue of such courts.
Please note that the website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites – please refer to privacy statements on linked sites for their own privacy policies.
- In some circumstances you will provide your personal information to us. For example, when you sign up or give feedback through an online form that requires your personal information.
- We use data gathered by Google Analytics/Firebase to ensure that the site is meeting your needs, and to see where there is room for improvement. All user data that we receive is completely anonymous. However, your domain name or IP address, may identify you depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. You may wish to ask them about their polices and practices.
- We use Google Analytics/Firebase to track how you use our website including information about:
o How long you stay on the site
o What search terms you use on the site
o Which, and how many, pages you visit while you’re on the site
o What page you’re on when you decide to leave the site
- If you don’t want Google Analytics/Firebase to record how you use our websites, you can opt out by using this browser extension or setting your browser to private mode.
- Consult your browser's help files for information about managing cookies.
We may use personal information that you provide to us:
- To present our website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may only disclose your personal information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates and our and their respective personnel;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Division or others;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; or
- With your consent.
- Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate purpose in accordance with applicable law without further notice to you or your consent.
- The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website. If we become aware of a breach of your privacy, we will notify you as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with and as may be required by applicable law.